5 Ways To Help Learning Transfer From Practice To Game Play
- Design game problems for your players to solve. The players should have to make group and individual decisions to solve the task. No predetermined route / routine.
- Simplify the game problem to shine a light on certain moments if the broader more chaotic game doesn’t hit on the game moment you want at a high enough frequency.
- Give players time to work in those game moments. Let them explore, fail and try again.
- Improve intensity, competitiveness with a consequence for losing. This will also create a better learning opportunity for the athletes.
- Coach should provide support between reps, ask the players questions, provide video for them to review to continue their search for solutions. Be a guide, provide support without interfering in the learning process.